Is your fridge on the fritz? Is your freezer failing to please ya? Here are some quick tips on How to fix a refrigerator.
There are few things more annoying or panic inducing than arriving at your fridge and finding things aren’t as cold as they should be. Whether it’s a milk bottle sweating with condensation or the knowledge that your week’s worth of frozen lasagne needs to be binged on by the end of the day, hopefully these tips will alleviate that squizzy feeling in your belly telling you that a lot of food is in big trouble and the only way out is to throw an impromptu dinner party.
Just remember to keep the freezer door shut as long as possible – even without power, these insulated chambers can keep things cooler than out on a kitchen surface.
Top 5 ways how to fix a refrigerator
- As a first step make sure the temperature settings have been set correctly.
- Verify you can hear the compressor is running.
- Ensure the door when closed does not have any obstruction keeping it slightly ajar. On older products door seals may need to be replaced due to normal wear and tear.
- Reset the product by switching it off from the power switch for five minutes and turning it back on. It may take up to 3hrs to notice a change in temperature – it depends on the size of the product.
- If the problem persists you may require a service call, please contact our support hotline for further assistance.
Some of these may sound overly simplistic but it’s not uncommon for an errant bottle of milk to nudge a temperature dial inside a fridge, or for a cat to pull out a power cord. Hopefully, that’s the worst that’s happened and you won’t need a service call.
#HisenseHack: Looking to buy a new fridge? Find a new fridge that’s right for you with our handy guide.
Top kitchen appliance trends for 2017
Top 5 Best Summer Cocktail recipes
Top 5 Best Pate recipes for every season
7 must-haves to build the perfect home bar
How to store vegetables
How to cook the perfect steak
Hisense French Door Fridge in the spotlight with amazing reviews
The Kitchen State of Origin: Five state-by-state facts about what’s in your fridge
Is my fridge broken?
Top 10 Best Tips for a stress-free Christmas
Top 5 Best dishes for entertaining this Summer
Smelly Fridge! Help! How to stop a stinky refrigerator
5 easy tips to reduce food waste in your kitchen
5 Top kitchen renovation layouts
Introducing the new Glass French Door Fridge
Top 10 Best Tips to stick to your kitchen reno budget
Find a fridge retailer